Effective date: February 15, 2019
Here at overcomingcancer.net, we value our relationship with you and take your privacy seriously. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to identify how we may process, collect, store, disclose, share and use your personal information collected from you in the course of your use of this website. This use includes using our SHOP for the purchase of products. It also includes all content or all other services from us.
This Privacy Notice identifies your rights with respect to your personal information, all as described in more detail below.
Privacy Notice may be amended by us at any time, by posting the amended version on this site including the effective date of the updated version. Our plan is to announce any substantive changes to our Privacy Notice through either an alert on our websites or via email. Should the need arise (and likely never will arise), we may also provide other privacy notices on specific occasions when we may be planning to use your personal information in ways that differ from what we have described here, in order that you might be made aware of how and why we are using such information, and also what your rights are with respect to such use.
This Privacy Notice contains the following information, which you can access by scrolling down. Here are the categories discussed in this notice:
- Personal information we may collect about you
- How that personal information about you may be used
- Who your personal information may be shared with
- How your personal information is safeguarded
- Length of time we store your personal information
- Legal rights and options by you regarding your personal information
- Children’s information policy
- Use of links to other websites and services
- Contact information to us with regards to questions about use of your personal information gathered on our website
What constitutes my personal information?
Personal Information is information relating to an identified or identifiable “natural person” – identified by a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. (We do not consider personal information to include information that can no longer be used to identify a specific natural person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.)
Information about you is collected both when you provide it voluntarily and also automatically when you use our services. At times,we may also collect personal information from other sources.
We collect personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you use when you use our services, including signing up for our free Overcoming Cancer Free Nutrition Blog. We also collect information when you have a conversation with a customer support specialist or when you otherwise correspond with us.
We may also collect personal information about you from third parties in connection with our services, including from the following sources:
- E-commerce service providers
- Email, chat and other communications service providers
- Social media platforms (in the future)
For more information about the types of your personal information we may use, see the detailed descriptions below.
What Type of Personal Data may be collected about me?
We may use the following categories of personal information in connection with your use of our services:
- Personal contact details, such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, and personal email addresses
- Date of birth
- Location information
What Data Categories are NOT routinely collected NOR requested?
We never request or require you to provide any of the following special categories of data, but through our chat services and customer services interactions, we know that sometimes customers and users of the Services choose on their own to share the following kinds of personal information with us:
- Information about your race or ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation and political opinions
- Information about your health, including any medical conditions, diagnoses and/or injuries
What Other Information may be collected about me?
- How about “cookies”. Our service may use “cookies” and similar technologies. Cookies are small text files sent by your computer or device each time you visit our Services, which are unique to your account, browser or device. Cookies make web surfing and browsing easier for you by saving your preferences so that we can use these to improve your next visit to our services – for example, remembering your login information. Cookies help us learn which areas of our Services are useful and which areas need improvement.
- Cookies may be either persistent or temporary (or session) cookies. A persistent cookie retains user preferences for a particular website allowing those preferences to be used in future browsing sessions and remains valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A temporary cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
How might this personal information about me be utilized by this site?
- General Personal Data
In general, your personal information may be used for the following purposes:
- Managing and fulfilling your order requests
- Providing webinars, programs and/or courses
- Payment processing and account management
- Providing customer support and responding to your questions or comments
- For compliance with our legal obligations, including assessing compliance with our regulatory requirements (e.g., using customer order information in the aggregate, including revenues generated in connection with our regulatory tax requirements).
- Make contact you via email or postal mail in order to
provide other services requested by you as requested.
- We will not, without your consent, use your personal information to:
- Provide you with marketing via telephone calls, email, SMS or text
- Provide you with marketing from third parties
Who will you share my personal information with?
As of this date, overcomingcancer.net has not plans to share any of your personal information with any type of recipient (unless required by law), such as service providers, advertisers, software providers, or e-mail marketers. If our policy changes you will be notified as we mentioned above. Your privacy is important to us.
How is my personal information safeguarded?
We store your personal information in the United States. We have in place appropriate security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to only those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know.
What are my rights and options regarding my personal information?
Your data belongs to you, not us. Therefore, you have choices about how we use your personal information to communicate with you and send you marketing information. You can opt out from receiving future marketing communications from us at any time by either using the unsubscribe function in the email you receive from us or by contacting us as set forth in “Contact Us” information below.
In addition, depending on where you live*, you may have the following rights with respect to your data under certain circumstances:
- The right to request access to your personal information and the following information regarding our use of your personal information:
- The purpose of such use
- The categories of your personal information that we have used
- Who we have disclosed your personal information to
- The right to request us to correct any inaccurate personal information concerning you.
- The right to request us to erase your personal information when we no longer need such data in connection with our services or, with respect to “special categories” of personal information, if you withdraw consent to our use of such information.
- The right to withdraw consent to our use of “special categories” of personal information.
- The right to request us to restrict our use of your personal information (e.g., suspend our use of your personal information).
- The right to object to our use of your personal information where we are not using it to perform Services you have requested from us.
- The right to receive a copy of your personal information.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the supervising authority of your country.
If you want to exercise any of the rights listed above, please contact us through one of the methods listed in the “Contact Us” section below.
In addition, regardless of where you live, you have choices available to you through the device or browser you use to access the Services. For example:
- The browser you use lets you control cookies or other types of local data storage.
- Your mobile device lets you choose how and whether your location, advertising identifiers and other data is shared with us.
* The rights listed in this section apply if you reside in the European Union.
What is the policy regarding children’s information?
Children under 13 are not allowed to use the service. If you are based in the European Economic Area (EEA), you may only use the Services if you are over the age at which you can provide consent to data processing under the laws of your country or if verifiable parental consent for your use of the Services has been provided to us. If you are a parent and you learn that your child is using the Services and you don’t want them to, please “Contact Us”.
What about links to other websites and services?
Our web services may, in the future, have links to other websites that are not operated by us. We have no control over how these websites may collect your information and no liability for the practices, policies and security measures implemented on these websites. You should read the privacy notices on those other websites before you submit your information through them.
How may I contact you?
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please do not hesitate to contact us through any of the methods listed below. If you have a complaint or concern about how we are using your personal information, then we will work to address such concern(s).
Overcoming Cancer dot Net
Attn: Data Protection Officer
8501 LaSalle Rd, STE 310
Towson, MD 21286
Overcomingcancer.net collects information that you provide to us or that we learn about you from your use of our website (including shopping on our website-linked stores). Once a year, overcomingcancer.net customers may request certain information about our disclosure of your personal information to unaffiliated third parties for direct marketing purposes. This website does not disclose any personal information to unaffiliated third parties for these purposes. You may write to us at our contact address